Our team and technology is responsible for creating hiring solutions for millions of applicants and future Amazonians that will help Amazon stay customer obsessed. We create global solutions that not only scale up in volume, but also handle the complexity of diverse workflows and laws worldwide. We are rapidly growing as a team and if you have the drive, tenacity, an entrepreneurial spirit and most importantly the day 1 spark to take on ambiguous problems head on, in a fast paced environment, this is the place for you!
As a part of our growth and expansion, we are creating brand new teams in Seattle and Nashville that will start building new hiring solutions that decompose different phases of the hiring process on an Amazon built tech stack on Native AWS.
As a Software Development Manager you will -
• Build from scratch a motivated team of software engineers to architect, develop, test and deploy high quality software solutions with a dedicated customer focus.
• Be a technical leader that is not afraid to challenge the norms and innovate.
• Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments.
• Develop relationships with internal and external partner teams. Be the evangelist and point of contact for your team.
• Manage departmental resources: hiring, mentoring, career management and maintaining a high performing team.
• Develop the long-term strategy for your systems, while aligning them to the goals of the organization and translate that into an achievable road map.
• Collaborate with peer leaders at Dublin site to ensure your strategies are in alignment with the rest of the organization.
We want you if you are a -
• Motivational people manager who leads by listening and collaborating.
• You are able to drive a culture of excellence, grow and mature a young team to take them to the next level.
• You are an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, and equally adept at communicating upwards and downwards.
• You are curious, love problem-solving, diving deep, collect data to make well informed decisions, but use sound judgement in the face of insufficient data.
• You follow the latest technologies and motivate your teams to innovate.
• You have strong leadership qualities, and a track record of delivering great solutions.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in research science, business, engineering, or equivalent.
• 10+ years working in a technical field or technical organization
• Demonstrated experience hiring and developing high-performing engineering teams or product/program management teams
• Demonstrated' expertise in managing project lifecycles and innovation in process and project management
• Experience working with diverse teams such as product management, business development, machine learning
• At least 8 years of experience leading medium-to-large projects or programsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Interest in exploring emerging Native AWS technologies
• Consumer facing UI experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming