Passionate about helping customers simplify and accelerate their workloads on ? Come join the IQ team (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YIvyOeUkqA) and help us build the tools that will connect customers to trained experts to build and run workloads.
You'll work alongside engineers and leaders in both Marketplace and IQ. You will have experience building and running customer facing system with native tech. You will invent new ways for customers and experts to connect and communicate over the lifecycle of a project and/or proposal.
We are looking for highly motivated and experienced software development manager to lead a team of creative builders.
• Designing and implementing new features in IQ.
• Work with Fortune 500 companies to understand use cases and help build prototypes and proof-of-concepts.
• Lead teams of engineers in building the latest features for Marketplace
• Working closely with Product Managers to expand depth of our product insights with data, create a variety of experiments, and determine the highest-impact projects to include in planning roadmaps
• Providing technical and scientific guidance to your team members
• Communicating effectively with senior management as well as with colleagues from science, engineering, and business backgrounds
• Being a cultural leader that ensures teams are collecting, understanding, and using data to inform every decision that impacts our customers
The successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, a start-up mentality, excellent project management skills, and great communication skills.
We understand that sometimes you need to work from home. Outside of quarantine, our team is co-located in the Seattle and Vancouver offices and we work from home as needed for a doctor's appointments, to take our kids to school, pick them up, and do the things that can't be done from the office.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. You'll have an opportunity to learn from people with and without engineering backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and cross-organizational initiatives.
We care about your career growth. You will work on projects and tasks that will develop your skills and enable you to take on increasingly complex tasks.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS in Computer Science equivalent
• 6+ years of Software Development experience
• 2+ years of experience as a development manager building and leading strong engineering teams
• Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teamsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming