Amazon's transportation systems get millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper while providing extraordinary customer experience - from checkout to shipment tracking to delivery. Our software systems include services that handle thousands or requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, integrate with a network of small and large carriers worldwide, maintain business rules for millions of unique products, and improve experience for online shoppers. With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, delivery models and customer experience, increasingly complex transportation network, ever expanding selection of products and growing number of shipments worldwide, we have an opportunity to build software that scales the business, leads the industry through innovation and delights millions of customers worldwide.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of motivated engineers in design, development, test and launch of new features and products. You will own services which model Amazon's transportation network and carrier capabilities/constraints, optimizes it for cost and exposes it to other systems in Amazon. These services improve customer experience by providing better promises and drive fulfillment planning and execution to lower transportation cost. These are highly available, low latency services that scale horizontally. It is critical part of Amazon's ordering and fulfillment pipeline.
A proven history of building and sustaining highly available services is critical. Responsibilities include direct management of software engineers, collaboration with business leaders, planning, project management for software within the team. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. As a technical leader, you should be able to translate business needs into technology solutions that scale both technically and operationally.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or related STEM discipline
- 5+ years of experience building and managing high performance software teams
- 5+ years of Object Oriented software development experience in C++/Java and building successful production software systems
- Deep hands-on technical expertise
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master's degree in Computer Science and/or Business Administration
- Prior experience as a software developer or software program manager
- Experience with an e-commerce, transportation, or big data company
- Experience with Agile (SCRUM, XP)
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and Java application performance optimization techniques
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming