Software Development Manager III
Reference ID: 342394
Address of employer: 510 West Georgia Street,
Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Job duties: Amazon is looking for a smart, talented leader of leaders with a strong technical and management background to build the next generation platform that is configuration driven, self-service capable, to serve the fast growing needs of various businesses at Amazon. These systems play a critical role in enabling the business to launch on time, by minimizing the SDE effort involved in handling the new business events and translate them into financial events that could then be persisted onto Financial Systems within Amazon.
As a Manager here, you will lead your team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize the platforms that processes these business events. You will interface with several teams including Retail Systems, Marketplace Systems, Digital Systems, Web Services, Financial systems and operations. Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience using scalable and robust software, so the challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment. Candidates should have significant experience in leading a team comprised of all levels of engineers, both local and offshore.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
• Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
• Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
• Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
• Provide thought leadership and establish technical vision for the team
• Mentor and grow super star SDEs to take on increasingly higher responsibilities
Salary Range: $123,600 to $240,000/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
• 5+ years' experience planning, designing, developing and delivering consumer software.
• 5+ years leading teams of 10+ (Managers, SDE's, TPM's etc)
• 5 + years' experience as a People Manager in a software development organization.
• Hands-on experience with design and development of highly scalable web services and systems
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux, C++ or Java, OO, and Service Oriented Architecture.
• Proven track record of delivering significant results.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math, or directly related field.
All applicants must meet the qualifications above.
Posted: January 11, 2019
Closes: March 12, 2019