Owning storage infrastructure for the cloud requires continuous innovation and delivery. The Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of , at any time, from anywhere on the web. To make this happen, Amazon S3 needs to build teams with the passion to handle the toughest computing problems.
We're looking for a Software to spearhead a key area of the Amazon S3 Frontend Services group, the S3 Nexus team. As a leader driving this area, you will focus on the challenges of developing large-scale multi-tier services that make intelligent and context-aware decisions on how customers establish robust and healthy connectivity with S3s globally fleet. This means the work you do directly contributes to the experience our customers have with S3. You will partner and integrate directly with other teams across S3 to drive innovation and constantly improve our customer experience. You will grow a team to build solutions that impact a wide swath of customers with a focus on standards in coding, testing, and delivery. We are continuing to grow and expand this space through innovative ideas so come and help us push the boundaries of what's possible with cloud storage!
At Amazon, we hire hands-on managers at all levels. This leader must be able to dive deep into the details on business, operations and engineering. We need technical, detail-oriented leaders who can build and grow organizations. You'll need to excel at hiring and developing engineers. You need to be able to grow leaders in your team and lead a charter that grows as your organization grows. Our services operate at a large scale on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. You'll also need to be willing to share big ideas and execute to deliver the next big innovations at rapid pace. If this sounds like your wheelhouse, then come work hard and make history with Amazon S3.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of software experience
• 3+ years of management experience leading a software teamPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrated ownership of software engineering road map and experience with managing the day-to-day activities of a team using Agile/Scrum processes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with storage media technologies and cloud storage business
• Experience driving continuous quality improvement initiative
• Practiced ability to apply API principles
• Experience with delivery of software libraries for public consumption
Software and Programming