Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Overview and Responsibilities:
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead your team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize platforms, systems, and services. Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience using scalable and robust software, so the challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
• Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
• Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
• Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
• Provide thought leadership and establish technical vision for the team
• Mentor and grow super star SDEs to take on increasingly higher responsibilities
Salary Range: $123,600 - 206,400/yr, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
• 5+ years' experience planning, designing, developing and delivering consumer software.
• 3+ years' experience as a People Manager in a software development organization.
• Experience leading teams of 5+ Engineers
• Hands-on experience with design and development of highly scalable web services and systems
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux, C++ or Java, OO, and Service Oriented Architecture.
• Proven track record of delivering significant results.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math, or directly related field.
• All applicants must meet the qualifications above
Software and Programming