The Finance Technology organization is looking for a driven, results-oriented engineering leader to lead teams building the next generation of systems to automate and optimize critical financial processes, including Payables (PTP), Receivables (OTC), Financial Accounting and Reporting, Planning, Record to Report, Financial Data Warehousing, Tax Identity, Withholding, Accounting and Audit. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. Above all else, the successful candidate will be a passionate builder of talent and teams.
In this role you will be responsible for leading teams of engineers to create world-class finance systems that support Amazon's global footprint. You must be willing to insist on the highest standards for quality, maintainability, and performance. The systems we own are responsible for trillions of financial events and payment flows that would rank among the largest countries in the world by GDP. You will ensure that engineering best practices are followed and that software is designed to be highly-available, dynamically scalable, and resilient to continuity threats. You will own the goals and roadmap of the your team, along with the strategic direction of your software and shape of your organization. You will demonstrate strong leadership as you control your own destiny in Amazon's ownership oriented culture.
We interact upstream with all of Amazon's businesses globally and the majority of our projects are cross-functional. Much of our work enables Amazon's new market or business model launches and happens as part of these enterprise programs. We partner integrally with the CFO organization worldwide, including the central finance functions and line of business leadership.
Our team operates software platforms that are among the largest in the world by volume and complexity, and a successful candidate will be able to dive deep into either realm to guide technical and functional decisions with their team. As a leader, you will drive architectural and design choices, invent new features, develop distributed services, and build a scalable, service-oriented platform for our people . We have a team culture that encourages innovation and we expect developers and management alike to take a high level of ownership for the product vision, technical architecture and project delivery. Successful candidates will be high-bandwidth leaders who can cut through the noise, simplify relentlessly, deliver results, and build great teams around themselves.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Exceptional stakeholder relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests
• Experience communicating with technical teams, and senior management about product features and technical designs
• Experience managing software development managers
• Experience managing geographically distributed development teams
• Track record of leading global technology implementation efforts and deployments
• Experience working with third-party platforms and integration at scale
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
• Track record of influencing software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience in finance, accounting, tax or payments domains
• Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Software and Programming