You have super powers. Use them for good. We catch bad guys and stop online fraud. It's fun. It's hard. It matters. We need you.
Amazon's Customer Trust and Partner Support (CTPS) team is engaged in a technological arms race: cyber-criminals from across the world continually look for new ways to steal from us and cover their tracks, while we invent new techniques to detect and neutralize them with ever increasing speed and scale.
It's fun. We don't just catch the bad guys; we stop crimes before they happen. Remember the "Minority Report"? It's just like that. Basically, we predict the future by developing and applying cutting-edge machine learning systems to detect, predict, and prevent online fraud before it happens.
It's hard. This is Amazon, so of course our services are low latency, high throughput, highly scalable, and failure proof. Our fraud prevention systems are also highly reactive: we process multiple terabytes of data yet notice changes in individual behavior patterns in seconds. Even by Amazon standards, our datasets are massive and our transaction rates impressive, and everything is built with a scrupulous attention to security.
It matters. Amazon is one of the world's most trusted companies. Consider the implications of losing that trust. Third-party sellers account for nearly half the items purchased on Amazon. This nearly always goes smoothly; but when sellers cheat buyers, everyone loses. Even after we refund their money, buyers are less likely to shop at Amazon in the future. Legitimate sellers lose potential sales and are less likely to sell on Amazon. And of course, the money Amazon pays in refunds and chargebacks goes straight to our bottom line and ultimately results in higher prices for all our customers.
We are looking for a gifted software manager to design the next generation of fraud risk management systems for Amazon.
Amazon is one of the world's most trusted companies. Help us keep it that way.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
. 5+ years of software development experience
• 2+ years of people management experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field (or equivalent)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
2 years of experience directly managing a team of developers;
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences;
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in large-scale, cloud based distributed software design and development, more so using AWS services;
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations;
• A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time;
• A passion for people management and mentorship;
• Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance;
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming