Amazon CloudFront is a content delivery that securely delivers data, videos, applications, and APIs to customers globally with low latency, high transfer speeds, all within a developer-friendly environment. Our customers use CloudFront for fast and secure delivery of web/application content, on-demand video/music streaming, and live events streaming. Our team writes software which works flawlessly for millions of transactions every second and Exabytes of data transfer. Throughout everything we do, there's a core focus to be operationally indistinguishable from perfect. Our mission is to build and operate a better and secure Internet.
We are looking for an engineering leader for CloudFront in Vancouver, Canada to innovate and solve the hardest problems in scale, security, availability, and performance. This leader will own control plane, logging, reporting, and database aspects of the service. This leader's responsibilities will include all aspects of the service experience: Operational excellence, designing and building the software, and delivering on customer performance and scale expectations. Self-ability to directly work and manage junior and senior engineers, along with a focus on operational and engineering excellence is a must.
If you are interested in living every day at the forefront of scale and cutting edge technologies, you will enjoy Amazon CloudFront!
Read more about the services our team delivers for customers
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• 5+ years of experience writing code
• 5+ years of experience in engineering management
• Able to work in a diverse teamPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to directly lead and manage junior and senior Software Engineers
• Ability to Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Software Engineers at different levels of experience
• Experience owning all operational metrics and operational excellence for teams' software
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices
• Track record of team building, agile processes, and service development
• Has taken software products and services from inception to being used by millions of users
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position.
Software and Programming