Have you ever wondered what it's like to own a system responsible of billing out $50MM+ in annual infrastructure spend? Here's an opportunity just for you!
The Business Data Technologies (BDT) in Vancouver, BC is looking for a Software Development Manager (L6) with strong technical acumen and plenty of bias for action! You'll build a 2-pizza team responsible for the design, implementation, and deployment of a brand-new unified internal chargeback billing service. The service will support one of Amazon's largest data lakes and its supplementary services for data analytics, governance, lineage, and retention.
In this green-field software development charter, you will solve significantly complex data processing and visualization challenges and collaborate with customers and stakeholders across the organization to deliver a cohesive and fair billing experience. You will also explore the use of analytics and intelligent automation to identify and reduce wasteful use of resources, helping Amazon to spin the virtuous flywheel of greater selection at a lower price. To that end, we have machine learning competency on the team, as well as a dedicated program and product management team to help executing on the vision.
You will have freedom to learn and be curious about new and emerging technologies you can harness to deliver faster and more effectively. You will grow in your role by owning a part of Amazon's foundational technologies, with ample access to senior Amazon talent and Principal Engineers. You will be challenged with ambiguity and will delight customers when you deliver. You will be empowered to design the most effective engineering practices for delivery with iteration. You will build an inclusive environment that boosts individual creativity. Most importantly, you will have fun while tackling really hard problems!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual OrientationBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in the complete software development life cycle, including raising the bar on, and designing for, operational excellence.
• Experience in managing large datasets, including data collection, transformation and analysis.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience leading large-scale data warehousing and analytics projects, including Redshift, S3, Glue, and similar technologies.
• Experience building data products incrementally and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources, especially from data lakes.
• Experience leveraging data lineage to improve improve the maintainability of software.
• Coding proficiency in at least one modern programming language.
Software and Programming