Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking out a Software Engineering Leader to build a new service that is focused on operational monitoring, observability and interactive data visualization for containers, distributed systems and microservices. This is a unique opportunity to drive a new AWS service from the ground up to a successful launch. In this role, you will also work closely with the open source community and will be responsible for on-going open source contributions and for positioning AWS as a thought leader in related open source projects.
With us, you would own staffing and managing a brand-new engineering team. You would own product development, team culture, best practices, planning and status-updates to the leadership. The successful candidate will be able to deal with ambiguity and will need to think big!
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the potential of cloud computing, and about building simple and elegant software solutions and customer-centric products. This leader has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. The candidate is a leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly and compellingly and who understands how to drive a high level of focus and excellence with a strong team. AWS in general, and this business in particular, operates at very large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
• 7+ years' experience in system software development and delivery
• 4+ years' experience building, leading, managing and mentoring high-performance engineering teams
• Experience with object-oriented design and implementation (Java and/or The Go programing language, and/or C++), preferably on LinuxPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure software or distributed systems, preferably on a Unix or Linux platform
• MS Computer Science or related field and 10+ years of experience managing software development.
• Expertise in Kubernetes and hands-on experience operating Kubernetes.
• Expertise in Prometheus and/or Grafana and hands-on experience in distributed systems monitoring, alerting and interactive data visualization.
• Experience as an open source contributor and/or maintainer.
• Experience leading open source community engagement.
• Experience with CNCF ecosystem of various container tools.
• Experience implementing and/or developing log analytics, time series based monitoring and distributed tracing systems.
Software and Programming