Amazon MQ is an industry-leading web service that makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a message broker in the cloud. We are looking for a seasoned and talented software engineering manager to join the team in Vancouver.
Help us revolutionize the Cloud! AWS is the fastest growing division within Amazon.
Amazon MQ is an industry-leading web service that makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a message broker in the cloud.
More information on Amazon MQ is available at http://aws.amazon.com/amazon-mq.
You have a passion for software development and are ready to help guide a new team through building a distributed platform that will be the underpinning for running large number of compute nodes across multiple data centers. You can explain why various design patterns are both awesome and constraining, you've seen production code fail (and fixed) in spectacular ways - and learned from it. You've come to the understanding that being passionate about an idea is different than taking it personally and believe that debate makes strong ideas stronger.
You've written and released lots of software, shipped products, and contributed to platforms, tools and modules. Having worked with several frameworks, designs and scaling models you understand the challenges involved with building big, distributed systems used by thousands of people every day - and relish them. You love to learn new things and grow.
What You'll Do
• Effectively mentor and manage a team of software developers including their projects and performance
• Deliver project roadmap on-time, communicating clearly with team, management and stakeholders
• Work with other managers and team members to estimate effort and document scope
• Contribute to and lead design, architecture, process and development discussions
• Distill and communicate technical concepts to the team and other stakeholders
• Argue for the right outcomes with data, conviction and diplomacyBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline (or) at least 5 years equivalent work experience
• 3+ years experience managing software development teams
• Experience in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C#, Go, C++, Ruby, or Python.
• Hands on experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field; or at least 6 years equivalent work experience
• Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams
• Experience building and operating large-scale distributed software systems and highly available services
• Experience with cloud and/or software as a service products
Software and Programming