Leading brands like Epic Games, Lyft, AirBnB, John Deere, and Vanguard use Amazon Kinesis Streams as their foundation for real-time streaming . With Amazon Kinesis, customers process Gigabytes per second of real-time user engagement for gaming and marketing analytics, build real-time IoT sensor analytics solutions, analyze millions of financial transactions in real time, perform network intrusion detection for security analytics, transform and load logs into lakes, and much more. These customers, choose Kinesis because it is a fully-managed service that makes real-time streaming ingestion and processing, reliable, easy, and at low cost. Tens of thousands of customers worldwide, ranging from large commercial enterprises, federal and state governments, regulated industries like healthcare and finance, to small start-ups have moved from batch to streaming with Amazon Kinesis Streams, and we are just getting started.
Amazon Kinesis Streams already operates at unprecedented scale, while upholding performance and durability requirements that our customers care about. You will lead the software of large-scale purpose control and plane ; in , C/C++ and other languages using technologies and Amazon proprietary technologies. Some of the key capabilities you will own and drive include massive-scale REST-ful as well as HTTP2/ streaming services, elastically scalable planes that can respond in single digit-seconds to changes in traffic, management and monitoring plane workflows, and software libraries that our customers use to interact with the service, and more.
We are looking for an experienced Software to join our leadership team. On Amazon Kinesis, we hire hands-on managers at all levels. This leader is expected to be deeply technical, and detail-oriented diving into engineering, operations, and product. You'll need to excel at hiring and developing both level and application level engineers. Our services operate at large scale and on critical workloads, so a passion and discipline around operational excellence is key. You'll also need to be willing to share big ideas and execute to deliver the next big innovations at rapid pace.
We are excited about the incredible opportunity that streaming on the cloud represents. You will get to experience a hyper-growth environment but at the same time deliver quality services that tens of thousands of customers, including all of Amazon, already rely on for their business. You will have a key role in is driving new ways in which customers interact with their , and be encouraged to share big ideas. You will be part of a diverse and collegial team that is geographically but unified in its purpose of making streaming broadly useful for developers of all skill sets.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• Have a minimum of 8 years in hands-on, software experience
• Minimum of 3+ years building and managing diverse and technically deep teams
• Track record of building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production software systems
• Experience leading engineering teams in software methodologies
• Experience defining software roadmaps to meet organizational business goals
• Experience with real-time, throughput & low latency systems
• Knowledge of Unix/, C++, or , Object oriented and Service Oriented Architecture.
• Experience with systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Ideally 5+ years of direct people management experience
• Have a passion for people management and mentorship
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Possess strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilities
• Experience driving complex, cross-organizational projects
• Experience creating and driving a bold vision
• REST Architecture, Sharding, Online Transaction Processing, and associated technologies
Software and Programming