Software Development Manager - AWS Insights
Reference ID: 774116
Are you ready to pursue some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges in AWS? Our team's vision is to be the world's authoritative provider of AWS computing insight, where customers can understand, control and optimize usage of AWS products. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we build relationships with teams across AWS to ensure that we offer a secure and reliable customer experience. We take inputs from these services and merge them with the millions of events every second to produce actionable insight to our customers.
This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results. You should be a self-starter with a bias towards independent problem solving. Clear communication and prioritization will be important as you partner with Product Management to plan, design, and deliver experiences for millions of customers. Your passion for the potential of computing to improve people's lives, and proven experience managing complex technology projects will help you make strong business judgments. Roll up your sleeves, build an engineering team second to none, and have fun while creating significant customer value!
Your expertise is deep and broad; you start with the customer and work backwards to develop a coherent vision for services that support the flexibility and scale that customers expect from us. You have built and operated systems that support high-end business complexity and scale with simple and elegant solutions that are highly decoupled, yet operate in concert to produce customer experiences that are unique to Amazon. You will be responsible for a material piece of AWS Insights and join a select group of a people making history producing and selling infrastructure and software as a service. You will do this with an organization that is the acknowledged market leader and is regularly redefining the new normal for what is possible.
We are looking for a leader like you to grow our talented team of dedicated professionals. As a software development leader you will...
1. Lead a team of software development engineers in the design, development, test, deployment and operation of services that our customers depend on.
2. Contribute directly to our growth by hiring smart and motivated engineers that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need.
3. Be responsible for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time.
4. Work closely with other AWS teams to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
5. Obsess over protecting customer information, maintaining single-digit millisecond latencies, and simplifying enterprise scale commerce complexity.
6. Mentor a large group of people with a direct handle on the pulse of each employee on your team.
7. Regularly dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through your organization.
8. Represent your business and operations to the highest level of leadership within AWS on a weekly basis.
• 6+ years of experience building and leading development teams that design and deliver highly reliable and scalable systems
• 3+ years of direct people leadership experience
• Demonstrated experience in delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent)
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
Verified project management skills
• MBA or advanced degree
• Certified Scrum Master, Agile Certified Practitioner or similar certification
• Experience with large scale billing or e-commerce platforms including systems involving complex business logic
• Extraordinary attention to detail and organizational skills
• Experience delivering products, managing budgets and rationalizing resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners
Posted: March 16, 2019
Closes: May 15, 2019