Have you ever wished for a database that combines the simplicity & scalability of NoSQL, with the capability & flexibility of SQL? Well, so have we..
Amazon Aurora is the fastest growing service in AWS history, four years running. But we are at the beginning of a long and arduous journey to disrupt industries; through inspiration, innovation, and pure team-work.
To succeed in this role, you will have a demonstrated track-record of:
1) Hiring top engineering talent - our business is growing, fast. With your help, we will scale the development organization to meet the demands of our customers. You may find yourself wandering the streets wearing a "hiring" sandwich-board. More likely, you will find yourself traveling the world seeking top tech talent from every corner of the globe. You will find yourself organizing tech talks and spreading the word that opportunity is here to stay.
2) Architecting systems for hyper-scale - reliability is core to our brand. Our code is deployed to millions of servers around the world. Our services are built to survive hardware and software failures of all shapes and sizes. Our customers bet their business on the technology we develop. They expect the best, and we aim to deliver nothing less. You will find yourself pushing the envelope on designing systems of scale, to the extreme. You will find yourself working amongst world's leading industry experts on game-changing technology. You will find yourself humbled every day by what you learn.
3) Customer engagement excellence - trust is core to our brand. Aurora customers love to speak with us about: vision/roadmap, feature requests, support concerns, and generally all things AWS related or otherwise. Our engineering leaders meet regularly with customers, anywhere from small startups to multi-national enterprises. You will find yourself acting as consultant to the technical leadership of multiple fortune 500 companies. You will find yourself on stage presenting our latest innovations at multiple conferences per year. You will establish yourself as a public-facing ambassador for the technology we create.
Does any of this sound like fun? If so then you might be a fit for this role.
To learn more about Amazon Aurora visit: https://aws.amazon.com/aurora/
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 8 years of software development experience.
- Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
- Experience with more than one of Java, C/C++, C#
- Experience leading teams designing and delivering systems level software.
- An advanced degree in computer science or engineering discipline.
- Experience operating large scale systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities
who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming