Amazon AppFlow is a new fully managed integration service that enables you to securely transfer data between Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications like Salesforce, Marketo, Slack, and ServiceNow, and AWS services like Amazon S3 and Amazon Redshift, in just a few clicks. As a Software Development Manager in the AppFlow team at Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will help us to deliver on our mission to solve complex integration problems with a simple and slick user experience.
You will be part of an exceptional team that is a start-up and moving fast. You will coach, mentor, and drive the performance of a growing development team.
You will be solving challenging design and technical problems, often ones not solved before, alongside peers with remarkable expertise. The solutions you design and build will be high impact and rolled out to our large customer base across the world. If you are excited to work in a dynamic environment, we would love to hear from you!
• Manage and grow a high-performing development team to design, implement, and operate an AWS service.
• Sustain a high pace of feature development while simultaneously designing for security and availability and scaling every aspect of the team and service at a massive rate of growth.
• Make critical decisions regarding technology selection, balance feature and operational priorities, and set high standards for quality and on-time delivery.
• Define and execute against meaningful performance and operational SLAs that capture the customer experience.
• Have a capacity for strategic planning in conjunction with a detail-oriented focus.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically three days a month, and also includes solving problems reported by customers. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
• Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
• 5+ years of experience managing engineers and/or engineering managers
• 4+ years of experience driving new feature prioritization, development, and delivery in the cloud
• 5+ years of experience engineering highly-available, distributed systems
• 3+ years of experience writing and defending business plans/justifications
• Work experience delivering one or more V1 products and scaling adoption, ideally in a startup or similar setting
• Solid coding practices including peer code reviews, unit testing, and a preference for agile development
• Strong verbal and written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with APIs, containerized microservices, serverless functions, and event-driven architecture.
• Familiarity with the APIs and development patterns of SaaS applications such as Salesforce, Workday, ServiceNow, etc.
• Thorough understanding of web services technologies such as SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST
• Strong OO programming skills, preferably in Java, C++ or C#
• Experience in TDD techniques and Continuous Integration
• Experience establishing and evolving engineering development processes
• 3+ years working directly with end customers to assess needs, identify solutions, and constructively resolve disagreements
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming