Amazon Web Services is looking for a Software Development Manager (SDM) to join the Route 53 team in Vancouver, Canada.
Amazon Route 53 is a highly available and scalable Domain Name () service offered by Amazon Web Services. We operate in over 50 locations worldwide and provide advanced functionality such as latency-based routing (LBR), Private , Geo routing, failover, and integration with a plethora of services. On top of that, we offer fast change propagation with a 100% availability SLA. Our service is quickly growing and we're expanding in multiple directions: adding new features and functionality to our services, better traffic management, new integrations, improving our health check capabilities, and expanding with new services in the naming and routing space. As a manager on the team, you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of enterprise naming and routing features: from distilling customer requirements to architecture and to implementation and operations.
On the Route 53 team, you will have to make tough prioritization decisions, iterate and innovate, and think through globally systems problems. You will have to think about how to provide advanced functionality while maintaining a 100% availability guarantee. Our team focuses on the security, performance, availability and scalability of our Internet-scale services. We build and operate systems that are critical in powering the platforms that Amazon's global retail, and Kindle businesses run upon.
You should be a strong leader who is technically deep, can communicate clearly, and has the ability to build a strong team that deliver results. The Amazon Web Services business requires creative engineering and a strong customer focus, and you will work with your team and senior leadership to develop and launch high quality services.
• Direct management of the software engineering team
• Strategic planning and execution to provide advanced functionality while maintaining a 100% availability guarantee
• Acting as an experienced leader who understands and sets a high bar for all parts of the integration lifecycle, including , documentation, testing and operations
As a trusted leader you will:
• Work with product managers to refine customer requirements
• Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives
• Set clear and measurable goals for the team and team members
• Mentor and promote your team members
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / AgeBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's in Computer science or related discipline (or) at least 5 years equivalent work experience
• 2+ years experience managing software development teamsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's in Computer Science or related field; or at least 5 years equivalent work experience
• Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams
• Experience building and operating large-scale software systems and highly available services
• A passion for people management and mentorship
• Experience attracting, hiring and maintaining top talent
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Software and Programming