Are you looking to work on the coolest technology while growing your career, in a group that cares about people just as much as products?
Our team is building Amazon Honeycode, a completely new offering within Amazon Web Services (AWS) that will transform industries and change how people work. We have a startup-like environment, a mission to achieve, and no time to lose!
If you're an engineering manager who is looking to grow, come on board! We have one of the best talent in AWS - and our senior engineers are eager to brainstorm, mentor, and get software built together.
We are looking for a talented Software Development Manager to oversee the Amazon Honeycode Compute Engine. This team is responsible for all of Honeycode data processing and business logic. You'll have the opportunity to work with bleeding edge technology to optimize complex calculations and achieve delightful customer experience. This without mentioning the creating of new features and functionalities to thrill our customers. The position requires a strong technical background, customer obsession and solid people management skills to manage and develop a highly-talented and experienced engineering team. Solid hiring and new hire development skills are also critical. Strong judgment and communication skills, long-term technical vision, and continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence are essential for the success in this role. Expertise with high-performance systems or service design is a plus. The ability to translate high-level technical requirements into executable project plans is essential. If this sounds like you, join us and help AWS continue to lead the cloud computing revolution.
What is in it for you?
- Huge impact: Work on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers.
- Gratification: You will know you are solving problems most software developers don't yet know exist.
- Ownership: you will quickly become responsible for key components of the service.
- Learn: If you want to learn about challenges of large-scale fault tolerant systems in practice - this is an opportunity of a lifetime.
- Innovate: We learn from our customers and invent every day.
- Make history: We are building the first ever no code solutions for AWS and helping democratize application building.
- Have fun: Surround yourself with engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also work in a fun environment.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Work Life Balance
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
For more information about Honeycode, please visit https://www.honeycode.aws/BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- B.S / M.S / Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 1+ yeas of software development management experience, including hiring and growing engineering teams
- 5+ years in providing technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle and developing large-scale, multi-tiered distributed software systems using Java, C#, or C++ (or other mainstream language)
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment
- Experience with professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Experience taking projects from scoping requirements through launch of the project
- Experience in applying open-source technologies
- Experience with agile software development methodologies like scrum
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
- A strong track record of project delivery for large cross-functional projects
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle including: coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming