Want to disrupt an industry by delighting customers? Looking for a job where your work can have direct and massive impact? Excited to join one of the newest and most exciting services? Come be a leader on a team that is building a product that will touch millions of people daily.
Amazon Connect is a highly disruptive -based contact center that enables businesses to deliver engaging, dynamic, and personal customer service experiences. Amazon Connect is the result of the ten years of development that went into building the tools Amazon uses to provide its award winning customer service at massive and launching it as a publicly available service. With Amazon Connect, you can create your own -based contact center and be taking calls in minutes. Amazon Connect leverages the power of Artificial Intelligence and the large ecosystem of services such as Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly, Lambda, Amazon S3 and Amazon Kinesis to provide a truly frustration free, easy-to-use, extensible, and natural customer experience. With this technology, we are transforming an industry and the way customers interact with businesses and how agents service them.
We have a rapidly growing customer base and an exciting charter in front of us that includes solving highly complex engineering and algorithmic problems. We are looking for passionate and talented Software Development Engineers to join us to innovate on this new service that addresses customer needs to build modern contact centers in the . The position represents a rare opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing business soon after launch, and help shape the technology and product as we grow. You will be playing a crucial role in developing the next generation contact center, and get the opportunity to and deliver scaleable, resilient systems while maintaining a constant customer focus.
Industry analysts have said, "Amazon Connect is quietly positioned to massively disrupt by enabling companies to focus on customer service, not service centers." and "Amazon is totally disrupting the customer contact center space as they have many other market-spaces with customer-centric solutions with open platform integration with assistance from the partner community."
As a software development manager on our team, you'll help to establish teams mechanisms, rearchitecting existing services as well as developing systems from scratch, working closely with senior technical leaders within the team and across AWS. You'll coordinate feature development across teams, ensuring new functionality fits into the broader slate of AWS services. You'll drive a culture that values operational excellence, security, customer focus, and continuous improvement.
Our team puts a value on work-life balance. Most days, our team is co-located in the office, but we're also flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. We generally keep core in-office hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our engineers truly enjoy mentoring more newer engineers through one-on-one mentoring and code reviews.
We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We believe that an inclusive and welcoming culture help us build better services and better teams.
We're looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we've been building.
Learn more about Amazon Connect here.
Media coverage on Amazon Connect:
Power of Amazon Connect:
About the team
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
• Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 10+ years experience building successful production software systems.
• 5+ years of management experience (including a combination of experience hiring, managing performance, and providing technical leadership)
• The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs. - Experience in designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems
• Understanding of developing software with systems-level performance constraints.
• Familiarity with communications and metrics.
• Experience in driving systemic operational improvements
• Experience managing other managersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience with Streaming and Cloud Computing technologies.
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between.
• Experience in driving systemic operational improvements.
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming