Interested in Amazon Echo? Love graphics? Want to create products that will reach more than 100 million customers? Come join a close-knit team that's evolving the definition of Alexa, Amazon's virtual assistant.
Our team creates the core graphics software that runs on Alexa-enabled devices with screens. Amazon Alexa started with the vision of delivering the Star Trek computer to our customers. Today, customers can already ask Alexa to control their smart homes, TVs, play music, and get information, news, weather, and more using just their voice. We are now augmenting Alexa's voice-forward interaction model with a range of experiences such as rich animated visuals, video, and immersive audio. We're creating the future of multi-modal interaction - what you see on devices today is just the beginning - it's still Day 1.
We've introduced Alexa Presentation Language (APL) which includes a portable rendering engine, tools, content, and responsive templates that developers and device makers can use to author and render multi-modal experiences. Our software powers those experiences on our Echo family of devices, Fire Tablets, Amazon Fire TV, and partner devices like the Facebook Portal. Our Alexa Skills Kit developer tools and Alexa Presentation Language APIs allow anyone to write applications for our devices. We're committed to open source software, and are working to build a community around both our software stack and tools.
You've found the right team if you are a passionate manager with experience building innovative applications that customers love. You will join a growing organization in Vancouver and have an enormous opportunity to make an impact on cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
We'll give you the opportunity to:
• Bring innovative ideas to the table every day, in order to find better ways of accomplishing our customer objectives.
• Foster a culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics.
• Hire, coach, and mentor individuals; building a strong cross-functional organization.
• Create, prioritize, communicate, maintain, and execute roadmaps, project plans, and commitments.
• Manage the overall software development life-cycle.
• Work closely with engineers to architect and develop the best technical designs and approaches.
• Collaborate with a diverse customer base to understand requirements, priorities, and processes.
• Have the obsession to drive a better customer experience through everything that we do here at Amazon.
Personal traits not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Demonstrate excellent judgment, are right a lot.
• Hire and develop the best people.
• Able to dive deep and never out of touch with the details of the business or technology.
• Expect and require innovation of your team.
• Strong results orientated approach.
• Deal well with ambiguity.
• Think big and have a bias for action.
We're working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience.
• 3+ years of experience managing software development teams with hands-on involvement in system architecture, design, and performance.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences.
• The ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• A deep understanding of software development in a team and a track record of shipping software on time.
• Strong business and technical vision.
• Agile software development methodologies.
Software and Programming