Company: Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: •\tThe Software (SW) Development Lead is responsible for software releases and deliveries of Remote Condition Monitoring Applications in Finning's Digital Data and Application Platform.
This includes internal development as well as vendor and subcontractor deliveries. This position is be responsible for cradle to grave oversight of SW architecture and design, planning, development, release and support of Condition Monitoring applications.
Remote Condition Monitoring is a critical enabling service for Finning and its customers. The dramatically increased access to IOT data from the equipment requires a robust and large scale data infrastructure to feed the analytics and workflow applications appropriate data to run complex failure model algorithms and workflows. This role is a key contributor to the strategy and requires a lot of technical and people leadership to meet the ambitious goals that Finning has set in this area. In this role, you have a opportunity to shape the future of heavy equipment industry and deliver SW to very tangible and real use cases.
- Manage the overall software planning, development and delivery process serving Condition Monitoring Applications in My.Finning.com
- Collaborate closely with Architects, Product Managers, Business Analysts and Software Developers and other internal and external stakeholders in defining the projects and deliverables
- Participate in collaboration and integration projects with Caterpillar, other partners and customers where required since many of Finning systems and deliverables will integrate with other 3rd party systems and services
- Keep in touch with industry trends, new products and services; working closely with partners and customers and other Finning employees to identify additional value opportunities to grow the business and represent them in solution development discussions
- Able to jump in to work with the development team in solving technical challenges and architecture questions and while doing so, coaching and raising the bar for the developers.
- Proven skills at managing complex technical projects from cradle to grave
- Excellent consultative communication, presentation, and persuasion skills
- Build respect-based relationships quickly and invest in growing and maintaining a personal/professional network
- Strong track record of working with multiple distributed teams and rallying all team members behind the same common goals
- Understand software development realities, deployment and infrastructure challenges and have an exceptional ability to communicate and simplify complex situations and create recovery plans and actions as needed
- Code savvy; understanding and ability to employ concepts like IoT, PaaS, SaaS, Big Data, and Analytics
- Knowledge and understanding of different flavors of Agile as well as technical program management
Education & Experience:
- Ensuring proper SW quality, building a high standard SW development culture and ensuring reliable delivery commitments
- Maintain a close collaborative working relationship with other technical teams in Finning that provides us with infrastructure, data security and other technical services
- Act as a critical interface to external software vendors and subcontractors in ensuring their work is managed and integrated tightly to serve Finning's business needs and commitments
- Create strategies and take an active leadership role in internal capability build-up of software development and systems integration teams
- Collaborate closely with global and regional program management functions in ensuring deliverables will seamlessly be adopted, launched and sustained
- University degree in Computer Science or other relevant field of engineering
- 10+ years of successful and proven product development experience
- Hands-on experience in full lifecycle management of complex software development projects
- Experience with deployment of software solutions using leading cloud platforms
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.