Amazon.com stores and sells millions of unique items through its Fulfillment Centers (FCs), Sort Center (SC) and Delivery Station (DS) network globally. This is a hugely complex logistics network with hundreds of thousands of transportation assets of different types (trailers, box trucks, airplanes, etc.), in different operational states (empty, loading, etc.), on the move or stationary and in different locations around the world. The Yard Tech team is responsible for tracking and managing transportation assets of all kinds that ship goods to and from Amazon facilities. We leverage computer vision, GPS, RFID, integration with external services and other information to provide real time updates and tracking of what is happening on the ground. We are a key component of the Transportation Technology systems, bridging the gap between the physical world and the virtual transportation plan. We are currently used on 3 continents and are working to be deployed at every Amazon fulfillment facility globally.
The Yard Tech team is fully self-sufficient, managing and owning a complete end to end product comprised of multiple integrations with physical sensors, Android mobile applications, web applications and web services integrating with and supporting other systems within Transportation Technology. We are a small team with a large scope. As part of the Yard Tech team you would be expected to join and participate in the design and development of multiple different types of components as well as the overall architecture of how these components fit together and perform at scale. We are looking for talented SDEs who enjoy working on and with different types of technologies, delivering high quality solutions and who thrive in a fast paced fun environment.
We are not tied to one technology - instead, we use what is best suited for the purpose. All of our systems tend to be loosely coupled, communicating using and messaging, leading to a classic processing architecture. We are looking for talented SDEs who enjoy working on creative , building large scale systems and who thrive in a fast paced fun environment.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent professional or military experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 4+ years of software development experience
• 4+ years of experience programming in an languagePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience working with GPS and/or RFID
• Master's degree and relevant work experience
• Experience with Android development
• Knowledge of databases, SQL and No-SQL desired
• Experience working as a full-stack software engineer on highly- systems
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
#AmDT #MMPT #MMET
Software and Programming