Come join a creative team of software developers driving the future of Redis and Memcached. is most loved in the world among developers. We are looking for engineers who are passionate about making it easier and intuitive to use Redis and Memcached. In this position you will work closely with developers all over the world and craft high-quality Open Source Software (OSS) to interact with from their favorite language of choice.
You will identify and resolve pain points and fill in gaps in client interfaces, enhance discoverability of customer cloud instances, and evolve the consuming experience in a way that will help customers to focus more on their application logic rather than managing Redis and Memcached on the cloud. You will analyze and use telemetry heavily to understand customer's needs. You will be responsible for gathering requirements from customers and working with the maintainers of open source projects to enhance the customer experience.
Amazon ElastiCache team aspires to create a place where engineers can deliver great work. We are a global business, so your ability to work with people with diverse viewpoints and backgrounds will be important. We value engineers those balancing quality and speed, operational excellence, and delivering value to our customers.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employeeled affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don't get paged for the same issue twice.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
If you're interested in a refreshing change in your career and want to hear more, let's talk!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• You should be fluent in speaking and writing in English
• You are experienced with more than one of Java, C/C++, .NET, Ruby, Grails, Perl, shell scripting or other
• You are experienced with Aurora, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL or another major SQL database
• You are a generalist familiar with more than one SDLC process, language, framework, platform and environment and are capable of diving into the deepest parts of technologies when called for
• You understand networking, network programming, network-oriented design patterns, distributed computing and best practices related to same
• You have a good understanding of web services, virtualization, SQL, Git, networking, and distributed systems
• Able to work in a diverse teamPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Familiarity with Redis or Memcached
• Experience in writing blogs, and working with the customers
• Experience with plugin development for IDEs
• Strong desire to build great tools for other developers Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
• For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming