DESCRIPTION Amazon's Globe Mile Technology team is chartered with solutions for international movement of shipments which can originate from any place on earth, cross the international border and be delivered in a different part of planet. There are variety of ways in which we can import shipments from vendors/sellers to our warehouses and export package from one country to another through several intermediate locations to deliver it to our international customer. There are millions of such packages, each with different attributes, delivery requirements and international commerce and customs constraints. What results is a complex graph of source, intermediate and destination nodes with their arcs crossing international borders and associated with different costs and transit times. Accounting for all these constraints and maximizing the number of shipments shipped, while minimizing cost, providing a variety of customer delivery options and maximizing delivery performance is our primary focus.
We are world class technology cutting across deep algorithmic problems, brand new tools that cater to multi-party business scenarios and challenging that are evolving very quickly. Our touch every single package that travels internationally which mandates of highly available and scalable . Besides technology, there are ample opportunities in the team to build domain expertise of international transportation and supply chain realms and get first-hand experience of the Amazon operations by interacting directly with our global internal and external partners, and of course the esteemed senior engineering talent pool.
We are looking for highly talented software development engineers who are passionate not only about architecting and large scale technology solutions but also innovating new ideas and providing directions to our business in the domain of imports and exports logistics. We have many key initiatives lined-up to support our rapid evolution and growth of cross border transportation network by solving some of the most challenging problems in this domain.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• 2+ years of software development experience in - and coding in , , or C#
• Strong understanding of and concepts
• Strong understanding of database theory and experience with at least one relational or non-relational data store technology
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• Obsession with quality and customer experience - Attention to detail coupled with ability to think abstract
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Development experience on a or platform
• Experience with web and architecture
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through its launch
• Experience in and large scale systems
• Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with both technical and non-technical customers in order to articulate technical challenges and solutions to complex problems, and understand ambiguous problems
Software and Programming