DESCRIPTION Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world-wide leader in cloud computing. We invent and deploy new technologies at an unmatched pace, always on behalf of our customers.
Within AWS lies a key team- AWS Kumo. Kumo is the software engineering organization that provides the technology, software solutions, and intellectual horsepower necessary to provide customers with an unparalleled support experience. We build everything necessary to make sure our customers are operating at peak efficiency and have a world-class experience when they interact with AWS Support. Our external customers are ALL AWS customers, and our internal customers are support engineers and technical account managers. This position is within the Kumo organization. If you want to have a true impact on the AWS customer experience, Kumo is the organization for you.
We are seeking experienced software development engineers to join our team in Vancouver!
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of software development experience
• 3+ years of experience in OOP languages, like Java or C#
• Experience leading the design and architecture of complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• 3+ years of software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operations
• Excellent problem solving ability and detailed knowledge of object-oriented design and development
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
• Experience in communicating with users and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Age/ Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming