Our team is building a high-performing database engine in the newly launched Amazon Honeycode, a new no-code offering within Amazon Web Service (AWS) that will transform industries and change how people work. We have a startup-like environment, a mission to achieve, and no time to lose! And did we mention the opportunity to delight millions of customers?
Playing a key role in this high-performance engineering team, you will design, build and operate Web services and Web front end at scale, interfacing with teams ranging from the front-end to the back-end, and delivering the plumbing in-between. Surrounded by world-class technical talent, and building on a pure AWS infrastructure, you will translate user requirements, help define our roadmap, design, develop, deploy, and test end-to-end. The team is stronger due to your presence, and you regularly contribute to the professional development of colleagues. You understand the business impacts of technical decisions and guide technology choices to create amazing experiences for customers.
This role requires ownership, autonomy, and an ability to deliver results, often within the ambiguity of building a v1 product. You will need to work efficiently to build the right things with limited guidance, and your experience will raise the bar to create an amazing experience for our custom
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 4+ years of hands-on software development experience.
• Bachelors Degree.
• 2+ years of development and maintenance of web services.
• 2+ years experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C#.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Architectural experience for large-scale, distributed systems.
• Knowledge of AWS infrastructure technologies.
• Understanding of client/server security models in the enterprise
• A strong understanding of excellent API design patterns for customer-facing software.
• Proven track record of ownership in designing, developing, and operating software at scale.
• Top-notch communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
• A thirst for knowledge and continuous improvement
• Demonstrated ability to ship product to customers.
• Team Player.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Software and Programming