Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) is storage for the Internet. Through the use of pioneering techniques in computing, developers are able to durably store their on Amazon's proven computing infrastructure to achieve virtually limitless performance storage capacity at minimal cost. Amazon S3 provides a simple web services interface that can be used to store and retrieve any amount of , at any time, from anywhere on the web. It gives any developer access to the same highly scalable, reliable, secure, fast, inexpensive infrastructure that Amazon uses to run its own global network of web sites. The service aims to maximize benefits of scale and to pass those benefits on to developers.
We are currently looking for software engineers to lead innovation in our Amazon S3 storage request plane team and help us build next generation of highly scaleable and driven request plane . Cloud computing represents a fundamental shift in how businesses think about managing their information needs. While this emerging area of computing has seen tremendous growth over the past five years, we are still in the early stages of realizing its potential. We seek smart, passionate and visionary people to help us define this exciting new technology.
Our team is clearly passionate about the incredible opportunity that Amazon S3 presents and about cloud computing, in general. You will have the opportunity to deliver quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. You will be able to utilize your experience in in building and mentoring engineering teams, while creating, operating and using cloud-based services.
• Design, , deployment and maintenance of innovative software solutions to deliver new features in performance, cost, reliability
• Use software engineering best practices to ensure the standard of quality of all team deliverables.
• Build and quality system software.
• Work in an agile environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate in team settings
• Ability to mentor team members as well as build relationships with business and technical leadershipBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years experience in software development
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as , C/C++, , or ScalaPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building scale systems
• Experience in Agile/SCRUM enterprise-scale software development
• Practical experience with software engineering best practices
• Passion for software innovation
• Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
• Practical experiencing working with large and tools, such as Hadoop, MapReduce and Spark
• Strong customer focus - understanding of what customers expect from their compute infrastructure and passion for delivering on these problems and satisfying those customers
• Software experience with highly-scalable systems
• Experience take a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming