Are you an experienced software development engineer looking to bring your passion to solving some of the world's most complex problems? Do you have what it takes to design and deliver the next generation of Amazon's financial platform?
Amazon Finance Technology is seeking a talented software development engineer who can guide the development of a horizontally-scalable platform that will transact and account for hundreds of billions of dollars each year as Amazon grows to a trillion-dollar company. You will work on the next-generation financial services platform that drives and accounts for all financial transactions across all Amazon businesses. Financial expertise & experience is not necessary, but you should be an expert in working with highly abstracted, extensible systems in a multi-tenant microservice-oriented architecture.
As a Software Development Engineer in Finance Technology, you will be responsible for driving implementation decisions, delivering functional components, and mentoring junior engineers to develop logical & maintainable software that meets high standards of quality and abstraction.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 3+ years of industry experience
• Proficiency in a modern object-oriented language (Java, C++, etc.)
• Ability to produce high quality, maintainable code
• Proven object-oriented design skills, with a focus on finding robust, scalable solutions to difficult problems
• Strong understanding of software development patterns, abstraction layers, and other principles of software design
• Familiarity with Service Oriented Architecture and distributed system design principles
• Self-directed, ability to multi-task, sharp analytical abilities, excellent communication skills, capable of working effectively in a dynamic environment
• Strong understanding of data structures and algorithm design
• Expert in operational best practices, ensuring high system reliability and availabilityPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Engineering or related field
• 5 to 7 years of industry experience
• Proficiency in several modern object-oriented languages (Java, C++, etc.)
• Expert in principles of SOA and distributed system design
• Strong communication skills with a focus on communicating big ideas and technical designs cleanly and concisely
• Natural leader who is focused on delivering results while developing junior engineers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming