We are looking for an enterprising software development engineer (SDE) to help build a fast growing engineering team to design, develop and launch large scale global AWS services.
The AWS Identity team are pioneers in cloud identity access management, security and providing massively scaled, distributed platform capabilities to all of AWS services. AWS Directory Service (DS), a core offering of AWS Identity enables managed, scalable and highly available directory solutions for enterprise needs. We are growing rapidly, investing in exciting new capabilities to expand our solutions portfolio and need passionate engineering leaders to help build some of the largest and most complex distributed systems in the world.
If the below resonates with you then you should apply!
• You enjoy designing simple solutions to complex problems that delight our Customers.
• You take pride in tackling hardest technical challenges, excel at working in an agile environment, and get excited about owning critical platform services that serve customers globally.
• You get excited about learning new technologies, experimenting diverse ideas, and learning from those around you.
• You value work-life balance and don't like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, hence will work with the team to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant.
• You take code reviews seriously. You believe that good code reviews raise code quality, and provide opportunities to share knowledge and grow each other.
• You don't shy away from diving deep into challenging operational issues, resolve the root cause and take the learning back as you design the next iteration.
• You care deeply about your career growth. You have the hunger to continuously learn & develop yourself.
• You enjoy working on a diverse team or with a diverse range of people
As an SDE, you will own design, implementation, testing, deployment, and operation of new global distributed systems that are core to all AWS services. You will be expected to play a key role partnering with Sr engineers in driving the technology roadmap of the team, designing and delivering architecturally sound systems that are aligned with our growing business needs. You will own ensuring your service can scale to support the AWS Windows workload story; integrating with multiple AWS services across all AWS regions. If this excites you, come join us in Vancouver, CA and help AWS continue to write the cloud computing story for the industry.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related fields
• 3+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Experience with Agile (SCRUM, RUP, XP), OO modeling, SOA, UNIX, middleware, and database systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to non-technical leadersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven track record of designing and delivering large-scale, highly available, low latency, high quality systems and software products.
• Deep knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Understanding of Identity Systems, LDAP, Microsoft AD a plus
• Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics.
• Experience using machine learning techniques a plus
Software and Programming