Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class Advertising business and the Worldwide Ad Success Team is at the head of this growth machine enabling our Account Management/Sales teams to deliver at scale. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create amazing Ad products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities. Our goal is to accelerate the otherwise human intensive sales operations by investing in strategic self-service applications that accelerate productivity of external advertising customers and internal sales executives. We will make use of advanced strategies to automate at scale the advertising campaign pipeline.
This is a with a focused initiative, looking for motivated software engineers with a proven track record of building web applications and services at scale. You'll be responsible for owning, designing and delivering highly scalable systems. We're a fast-growing team with a very high focus from business to grow, therefore a lot of opportunities.
A successful engineer in this role is :
• Highly analytical: You solve problems in ways that can be backed up with verifiable data. You focus on driving processes, tools, and statistical methods which support rational decision-making.
• Technically fearless: You aren't satisfied by performing 'as expected' and push the limits past conventional boundaries. Your dial goes to '11'.
• Team obsessed: You help grow your team members to achieve outstanding results. You foster the creative atmosphere to let engineers innovate, while holding them accountable for making smart decisions and delivering results.
• Humbitious: You're ambitious, yet humble. You recognize that there's always opportunity for improvement and use introspection and feedback from teammates and peers to raise the bar for your team.
• Engaged by ambiguity: You're able to explore new problem spaces with unique constraints and thus non-obvious solutions; you're quick to identify any gaps in the team and the right person to fill them to best deliver value to customers.
• Own technical vision and direction: You identify problems and develop solutions; you embrace performance metrics and measurement techniques because they help you assess how well system-related services are running.
• Build and grow your team: You'll be a key contributor on an engineering team that delivers results. This means you'll wear a lot of hats -- from software design, implementation, project management, operations, working with business partners, and so on. You'll be an example of Amazon's leadership principles and work to grow more leaders within your group.
• Collaborate on product direction: You'll build and maintain strong relationships between engineering and partner disciplines (Product, User Experience) to ensure that we're focused on delivering the right product for customers.
• Lead beyond your team: You will be a key part of a small but growing community of engineering leaders who support their teams and contribute to the overall growth of our product development organization. You'll share your experience and technical acumen in order to drive technology decisions across our organization.
• Design and build systems from scratch.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C++, Java, or PerlPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years of industry experience in software development
• Experience in Online Advertising
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
• Strong object-oriented design skills with understanding of common design paradigms
• Willingness to own all stages of development process: requirements, design, implementation, testing, and operational support
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming