DESCRIPTION AmazonUI (AUI) is looking for a Software Development Engineer (SDE-II) to help define a new front-end developer experience for building Amazon.com. AUI provides a library of front-end components, build tools, a templating engine, and runtime libraries used by thousands of engineers.
In our team you will have the opportunity to:
• Build fascinating new web services and products
• Work directly with our customers and shape the vision of the web stack
• Create and drive metrics to measure complexity
• Brainstorm, prototype, test, and iterate on new ideas
• Work with the latest technologies and tools
• Learn from others and help grow other team members
• See the positive impact of your work on real customers
• Brainstorm, design, and implement front end components and user experience for AUI Customers
Interested in a team with a strong culture and camaraderie? Have the passion to build the best customers experience and the drive to actually ship it? Then we would love to talk to you.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• BS/MS in Computer Science
• 2+ Years' experience building scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services.
• 2+ Years' of experience with cross browser compatibility, browser tuning and optimization techniques/tools
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Proficiency in writing Java/Kotlin code
• Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches and common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, MVC, objects, promises).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming