Would you like to work on one of the world's largest transactional distributed systems? How about working with customers and peers from the entire range of Amazon's business on cool new features? Whether you're passionate about building highly scalable and reliable systems or a software developer who likes to solve business problems, Tax Services is the place for you.
We are responsible for the tax classification platform, we provide the core services that classify the products for accurate amount of transactional taxes (sales tax and VAT) on Amazon. We thrive on providing the correct tax amounts to the customer at order time, and make sure audit records are stored safely to meet tax law requirements around the globe. Our challenges include staying on top of the complex and ever-changing global tax rates and laws as well as computing calculations correctly and quickly, thousands of times a second, and each one needs to be right.
We are looking for software engineers who thrive on complex problems and relish the challenge of operating complex and mission critical systems under extreme loads. Our systems manage hundreds of millions of records, and responds to millions of service requests per minute. Do you think you are up to the challenge? Or would you like to learn more and stretch your skills and career?
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to all parts of the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations. They must possess strong verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven and deliver high quality results in a fast paced environment. They need to really enjoy working closely with their peers in a group of very smart and talented engineers.
We're looking for people who are smart and can get things done, though the following skill sets provide a good foundation for a quick ramp up to being productive in our Java, Linux and AWS-based environment. We're looking for a range of experience, from brilliant and motivated new college graduates to technical leaders with the scars and battle-tested wisdom.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
• Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in a Java, Linux environment.
• Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
Software and Programming