Amazon is building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Our team's mandate is to launch and accelerate the advertising business in categories that require a differentiated customer and advertiser experience. We own end-to-end the advertising experience including placements, creative, ad serving, advertiser experience, and marketing.
We're looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. We are investing in a deep technical team to pursue a transformation opportunity. The successful candidate will build upon core program management successes and develop breadth across a range of problem domains.
As a software engineer, you lead the design and delivery of software services and website stacks that entail engaging creatives, cross-screen placements, targeting, optimization, relevancy and advertiser experiences. You will be building brand new distributed software applications using cloud services and amazon proprietary technologies to deliver these unique customer and advertiser experiences. You will frequently interface with teams across Amazon; discovery, retail category, traffic generation, vendor management and analytics among many others. This is a great opportunity to learn many facets of advertising and retail, and understand how they come together, equipping you with the skills to grow your career. You will have the opportunity to experiment, innovate and deliver in a fast, agile and reliable manner with high quality and low technical debt. You should be passionate about building, improving and championing the product and a strong sense of ownership is a must.
This is a chance to get in on the ground floor for what is becoming a huge area of growth for Amazon's advertising business. Join the verticals team today, make history and transform our experiences.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented designPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
• Normalized (relational) or denormalized (non-relational, typically key-value) data stores
• Experience building and supporting and high transactional load Internet scale web properties, distributed system design
• Familiar with techniques in ML space and have insights to apply the right solution to problems at hand
• Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Experience in communicating with users, and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operational excellence
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers; and make them more effective product software engineers
• Experience using cloud based products such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience with scripting in Python and/or Perl
• Working experience with Unix/Linux
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Software and Programming