Amazon is revolutionizing how customers shop online and we are revolutionizing how Amazon developers develop those online shopping experiences. Come be part of that revolution. Help us build the foundations that will scale to the growing needs of Amazon developers, while making them more efficient, less prone to errors and at the same time providing the flexibility and agility that they expect.
Your will use your technical prowess to deliver on challenging problems with simple, maintainable and extensible solutions. You will take risks and experiment, define and deliver solutions in small chunks, build on success from the past and learn from failures. You will work alongside a team that collaborates and takes on shared goals to deliver solutions that are larger than each individual. You learn from others, and in turn make others around you better.
Your immediate customers are other developers, and your ideas and code will touch hundreds of millions of shoppers worldwide. You will have the opportunity to impact the technical choices we make at Amazon and how Amazon developers develop. This is a place where you can apply and further your strong technical skills while delivering impactful business results.
Amazon is a place where builders build, and we enable Amazon builders. It's still Day One. Help us build the future.
• Own design and implementation of systems supporting a wide range of use cases, at high scale with high quality.
• Collaborate within a team and across other teams to launch best in class technical solutions.
• Optimize, tune and maintain quality, performance and availability of systems.
• Learn and be curious, and in turn teach, mentor and grow other engineers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Passion (and/or deep curiosity, experience) for designing, building, and operating massive scale, high-availability, low-latency services.
• Almost-obsessive need to delight internal and external customers and to change what's possible for them.
• Strongly contribute to a close-knit, high functioning team.
• Excellence in or the willingness to learn to communicate with customers, other tech teams, and management to collect requirements and discuss technical topics.
• Sense of humor and ability to deliver results while having fun.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming