The Listings Platform teams are a set of teams within the Selling Partner Services organization who build and operate the core platforms and services that support people who sell on Amazon. We do this via interactive applications, feed processing systems, reporting frameworks and web service APIs. Selling Partners (Re-Sellers, Brand Owners, Vendors and Integrators) use these systems to manage their products and inventory levels on Amazon, which are mission-critical to our sellers' businesses. Listing Platform's mission is to provide the most innovative, scalable, and reliable systems in the world to ensure our sellers' success.
This specific job is for a software development engineer on the Amazon Listing Insights, Events, and Notifications (ALIEN) team within Listings Platform. ALIEN is extremely customer obsessed and we talk with our customers weekly. ALIEN's mission is to help our customers receive Amazon listing insights and notifications. We are doing this by building the next generation of programmatic notifications for both internal Amazon and external Selling Partner systems. We are also the listing business metrics aggregator to enable the capture of data from the listing pipelines and to make it available to easily power the insights. We believe in using what we build (eating our own dog-food), so these new programmatic integrations are used by both external and internal customers. The solutions we are building will be integrated into the architectures of selling partners world wide. This is a very unique opportunity to work closely with customers and developers to define and build the right solutions to help drive the Amazon flywheel.
Our team favors industry standard technology. When we are debating between technical alternatives that vary on factors such as expense, performance etc., we are strongly biased toward the technology for which hands-on experience provides value beyond the current project (Think Big). The current stack of technologies being leveraged by the team includes REST-based application program interfaces, backed by java services built using a variety of AWS technologies (EC2, Kinesis, S3, SQS, Lambda, EDX and more). No tech team is happy without having some scripting. To quench this thirst, we have a sprinkle of scripts as well. The technologies used by the team, are by and large the team's decision. If we feel there are benefits to moving to technology X, we have the freedom to do so. For instance, we've recently dabbled in CloudFormation and CloudWatch Logs Insights. We cherish our Learn and Be Curious time to discover new tech, new patterns and new ways of thinking.
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world. Amazon's vision is to offer the earth's largest selection and lowest prices to our customers.
Over 2MM Selling Partners in 15 countries (and growing) list their products for sale on the Amazon.com Marketplace. Sellers are a critical part of Amazon's ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the earth's largest selection and lowest prices.
Come join the Amazon Listing Insights, Events, and Notifications team!!!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in all aspects of software development, including technical expertise, project management, and personnel management.
• Demonstrated experience delivering innovative, customer-centric products
• Entrepreneurial spirit combined with strong program and product management skills
• Deeply technical with track record of successful delivery as individual contributor and leader
• Experience with building robust, scalable, distributed systems solutions for complex business problems
• Execution experience in fast-paced environments and performance driven culture
• Proven track record building, motivating and growing teams of star players
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally at all levels
• A minimum 4+ years of industry experience
• A minimum of a Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Deep knowledge of Java EE technologies
• Experience with agile development methodologies
• Extensive writing experience in both business and technical environments
• Excellent analytical skills with a focus on system performance metrics
• 5+ years of industry experience
Software and Programming