Alexa is one of Amazon?s most innovative services to date, and has changed the way customers use their voice to interact with technology and the world around them. Building on this momentum, Amazon Digital Products is looking for an exception software engineer to expand Alexa?s core experiences for third party Alexa devices.
This role is ideal for an engineer who wants to be at the core of the alexa experience across all amazon and external devices. Problems that we are currently thinking about include, low CPU utilization, reduced memory work, Non CPU architectures.
• Define world-class multi-modal experiences with a cross-org team of visual and voice designers.
• Make available Alexa's visual design language specification to any and all screen-based devices
• Work with third-party device makers to customize an Alexa experience on their device.
This role is based in Vancouver and will require occasional travel to Seattle and other locales.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 4+ years of experience developing objected-oriented software, with thorough experience in one or more relevant language (Java, C#, C++, Ruby, Python)
• 2+ years of experience building distributed systems
• PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience solving infrastructure software architectural and design issues
• Understanding of performance, memory, I/O, and threading in C++ or C#
• Understanding of asynchronous and distributed systems problems
• Understanding of issues around fault tolerance and scale-out
• Experience with NoSQL datastores such as Cassandra, HBase, or DynamoDB
• Experience with a component dependency-injection frameworks such as Spring
• Outstanding adherence to project deadlines and understands the balance between doing it right and getting the job done
• Works well in a team environment and be able to effectively drive cross-team solutions that have complex dependencies and requirements
• Has shipped an embedded system
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Software and Programming