Amazon Kinesis is powering many of the real-time technologies you use and see today. And we do this at a colossal scale; worldwide Kinesis works with billions of events and petabytes of each day in support of many thousands of customers running mission-critical real-time applications. Customers like Major League Baseball (MLBAM) are using Kinesis to ingest game , analyze it, and deliver the insights to viewers as they happen. Similarly Sonos is using Kinesis to collect and analyze real-time from millions of devices to provide better experiences to their customers. They choose Kinesis because the fully managed service makes real-time ingestion, processing, and delivery easy, all at a low cost. As a result of these benefits customers of every size are moving quickly from batch to real-time processing. At the same time Kinesis continues to push the technical boundaries of real-time processing and we are growing our team to support these game changing innovations. As a member of our team you'll get to work on a variety of technologies, including but not limited to new customer facing features, APIs, - technologies, and core .
We are looking for a talented developer to build the next generation of real-time streaming solutions. In your new job, you get the opportunity to influence and further scaling and simplification of live streaming platform. You will get opportunity to work together with a group of talented engineers through your experience of large scale . You will build large scale system components using the massive frameworks and builder tools provided by Amazon builder ecosystem.
As part of this job you'll get to:
• Solve tough problems that will make your nerdiest friends jealous
• Design, write and release software for large scale .
• See your innovations in use by 'real' customers - small, large and really large
• Collaborate with some of the leading minds in and Big Data
• Work in a team-oriented, solution-focused environment
• Are a group of technologists from diverse backgrounds
• Obsess over our customer's needs and experience
• Are owners. We love building new innovative technologies, and improving our existing ones
• Wear multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
• Are fast-growing, agile and collaborative
• Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on real customers
• Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity
• Are excited about the incredible opportunity represent
• Build strong teams with others as passionate as you about this mission
• Take ownership and doing whatever it takes to get the job done
• Want to create applications at a massive scale used by millions of people
• Use to make decisions and validate assumptions
• Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
• Proficiency with object-oriented, structures, and .
• Ability to take a project from requirements analysis through to launch and operation of the system in production.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Experience building extremely volume and highly scalable web services.
• Experience building highly available and operating 24x7 services.
• Experience with , consistent hashing, locking, replication, and load balancing.
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
• Working knowledge of non-relational databases.
Software and Programming