Profit Intelligence is all about providing intelligent ways for Amazon to understand profitability across retail business. What are the hidden factors driving the growth or profitability across millions of shipments each day?
Profit Intelligence provides these answers.
We compute profitability of each and every shipment that gets shipped out of Amazon. Guess what, we predict profitability of future possible shipments too. We are a team of agile, can-do engineers, who believe that not only are moon shots possible, but that they can be done before lunch. All it takes is finding new ideas that challenge our preconceived notions of how things should be done. Process and procedure matter less than ideas and the practical work of getting stuff done. This is a place for exploring the new and taking risks.
We push the envelope in using cloud services in AWS as well as the latest in distributed systems, forecasting algorithms and data mining.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of the core product features. You will have significant influence on our overall strategy by helping define these products, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product.
You'll work with research scientists to design and implement forecasting models over key financial performance metrics to help business look into future and plan their financials. You will be responsible for designing and building platforms for crunching 100s of TB of in-coming data from dozens of sources and financial events around the company. If you like to be challenged in designing and building cutting edge technology, this is the place for you.
Our team is within Seller Partner Services and develops sophisticated tools for the Amazon Consumer businesses, supporting deep dive analysis, vendor negotiations and business planning towards enhancement at the bottom line. Teams at Amazon make automatic profitability decision based on numbers produced by Profit Intelligence org.
To learn more about Financial Intelligence Systems, visit our page at http://bit.ly/AmazonFISBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's or Masters degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field.
• At least 8+ years of experience in the job offered or as a Software Engineer, Software Developer, or a related occupation.
• At least 8 years of experience in the job offered or a related occupation must involve: designing and developing large-scale, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using Java, Scala, C#, or C++, and Object Oriented Design.
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers in all aspects of their engineering skill-sets.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API's
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
Software and Programming