Want to join a startup team building new Alexa experiences for hospitality and other out of home segments? Customers tell us they love the convenience of Alexa and smart home, and we want to extend those experiences to shared living spaces such as rentals, assisted living and more.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will build new services and experiences from ground up, will be a technical leader and have significant impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of Alexa features that are used every day by people you know.
The ideal candidate is passionate about Alexa and has a demonstrable track record of success in delivering new features and products. You take pragmatic and iterative approach to building software: you have an ability to simplify and get things done, love experimentation and rapid iterations on the new concepts. You are focused, thoughtful leader of your team who works effectively with external and internal partners. You are highly quantitative, have great judgment and passion for building a great customer experience.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective product software engineers
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices.
• Knowledge of Alexa
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Software and Programming