Amazon Kinesis is powering real-time technologies at colossal scale with with billions of events and petabytes of data each day in support of many thousands of customers running mission-critical real-time applications. Customers in agriculture, finance, and entertainment are using Kinesis to ingest data, analyze it, and deliver the insights. At the same time Kinesis continues to push the technical boundaries of real-time processing and we are growing our team to support our customers desire to innovate quickly. As a member of our team you'll get to work on a variety of technologies, including but not limited to new customer facing features, core distributed systems, and scaling automation.
We are looking for an experienced developer to build the next generation of real-time data streaming solutions. In your new job, you get the opportunity to influence design and build new streaming features. You will have opportunities to directly impact the financial success of the business by building efficient software. You will mentor and coach a group of talented engineers to strive for the highest reliability experience for customers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 2+ years professional experience in software development • Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or PerlPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
Software and Programming