Amazon is big and very data driven. Interested in building the next generation analytics platform to make this easy at an Amazon scale?
Amazon's BDT organization is building a new data lake marketplace allowing for data producers and consumers to easily and securely share large volumes of data, run massively parallel analytics and share the gained insights.
As part of the BDT organization, we are developing the core services of the data lake that includes cataloging, storage, access, compliance and quality and we're looking for top engineers to build it from the ground up.
This is a hands-on position where you will be do everything from designing and building highly scalable components and cutting-edge features to formulating strategy for EMR and Redshift at Amazon, mentor other engineers and work with our business partners, data engineers and analysts to help them get the best results. You need to not only be a top software developer with excellent programming skills with a stellar record of delivery but also show bias for customer obsession. You need to have a real passion for very large scale databases and massively parallel computing. You will work with the latest AWS technologies in the big data space such as S3, EMR, Glue, Redshift and Athena to build new applications that leverage these technologies and open source frameworks like Apache Spark, Hive, Presto and Flink.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Keeping your finger on the pulse of the constantly evolving and growing big data field
- Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture and design
- Delivering systems and features with high quality, on time
- Stay current on technical knowledge to keep pace with rapidly changing technology, and work with the team in bringing new technologies on boardBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience taking a lead role in architecting, designing, and building complex software systems.
- Experience with the AWS product suite including S3, Redshift, DynamoDB or RDS
- Experience with full-stack development
- Experience building complex software systems.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Software and Programming