DESCRIPTION Amazon Kinesis is powering many of the real-time technologies you use and see today. And we do this at a colossal scale; worldwide Kinesis works with billions of events and petabytes of data each day in support of many thousands of customers running mission-critical real-time applications. Customers like Major League Baseball (MLBAM) are using Kinesis to ingest game data, analyze it, and deliver the insights to viewers as they happen. Similarly Sonos is using Kinesis to collect and analyze real-time data from millions of devices to provide better experiences to their customers. They choose Kinesis because the fully managed service makes real-time data ingestion, processing, and delivery easy, all at a low cost. As a result of these benefits customers of every size are moving quickly from batch to real-time processing. At the same time Kinesis continues to push the technical boundaries of real-time processing and we are growing our team to support these game changing innovations. As a member of our team you'll get to work on a variety of technologies, including but not limited to new customer facing features, APIs, Open-Source technologies, and core distributed systems.
We are looking for a talented developer to build the next generation of real-time data streaming solutions. In your new job, you get the opportunity to influence design and further scaling and simplification of live data streaming platform. You will get opportunity to work together with a group of talented engineers through your experience of large scale distributed systems development. You will build large scale distributed system components using the massive frameworks and builder tools provided by Amazon builder ecosystem.
As part of this job you'll get to:
• Solve tough problems that will make your nerdiest friends jealous
• Design, write and release software for large scale distributed systems.
• See your innovations in use by 'real' customers - small, large and really large
• Collaborate with some of the leading minds in distributed systems and Big Data
• Work in a team-oriented, solution-focused environment
• Are a group of technologists from diverse backgrounds
• Obsess over our customer's needs and experience
• Are owners. We love building new innovative technologies, and improving our existing ones
• Wear multiple hats. We enjoy the prototyping and tinkering stages, as well as the rigor of making solutions production-ready.
• Are fast-growing, agile and collaborative
• Enjoy seeing the impact your work has on real customers
• Are comfortable in an agile environment and create order from ambiguity
• Are excited about the incredible opportunity distributed systems represent
• Build strong teams with others as passionate as you about this mission
• Take ownership and doing whatever it takes to get the job done
• Want to create applications at a massive scale used by millions of people
• Use data to make decisions and validate assumptions
• Learn from others and help grow those in your team to achieve their best
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• 3+ years experience with object-oriented, data structures, and algorithms.
• Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to take a project from requirements analysis through to launch and operation of the system in production.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• 3+ years experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable web services.
• 3+ years experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
• Experience with systems, consistent hashing, locking, replication, and load balancing.
• Working knowledge of non-relational databases.
Software and Programming