You're looking for an opportunity to have impact at one of the most innovative companies on the planet and want to help AWS RDS customers solve optimization problems with how they use our stuff. You're also excited to help design, deliver, and operate an AWS service used by a global audience. Being a strong developer with a background in distributed systems, you have a particularly strong sense of curiosity, a penchant to continue learning even more things and the drive to apply them to delight our customers.
We're a team within AWS working on Performance Insights product within RDS. If the thought of designing and developing features on a widely distributed service used by all our database customers globally excites you, then we're the team for you! Interested? Come join us and settle that itch to work on something with enormous impact!
Some things you'll do here
• Work with us to make sense out of ambiguity
• Own part of the architecture, implementation, and operation of a highly popular AWS service
• Help deliver a delightful product to our customers, iterate on it, rinse and repeat
• Direct the effort of and mentor more junior developers on the team
• Dive deep on hard problems and figure out how to solve them
• Work with our customers, stakeholders, and dependencies to ensure we're delivering the right thing
• Communicate effectively verbal and writtenBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience leading the design, implementation, and operation of complex / distributed software systems that have been delivered to customers
• Experience communicating with users and stakeholders to collect requirements, present and review technical designs, and develop product strategy
• Mentoring / coaching experience
• SDLC process influence / improvement
• Hands-on experience with many different technologies
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. Global: Amazon is an equal opportunity employer.
Software and Programming