We are Alexa for Hospitality. We are the team that is designing and building enterprise features for Alexa, to create delightful, memorable, personalized experiences for hospitality guests. Our goal is to take the convenience of Alexa and smart home that our in-home customers love, and extend that experience to shared living spaces such as rentals, assisted living, and more. In doing so, we are also delivering real benefits directly to hospitality businesses by providing features that seamlessly integrate with their operations.
Most of our users are interacting with Alexa for the very first time so the experiences we build are often about creating amazing first impressions.
Watch our most recent commercial here:
We are a start-up team where it is very much day one and we are looking for software engineers who are dedicated to creative problem solving and getting things done. Together we will build new services and experiences from the ground up. You will be a technical leader and have significant impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of Alexa features that are used every day by people you know.
You are the ideal candidate if you have a demonstrable track record of building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will take a pragmatic and iterative approach to building software. You have an ability to simplify and get things done, and you love experimentation and rapid iterations on new concepts. You are a focused, thoughtful leader in your team who works effectively with external and internal partners. You are highly quantitative, have great judgment and passion for building a great customer experience.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship, professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language e.g. Java, C++, C#, Kotlin
• Experience with object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills and make them more effective product software engineers
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices
• Awareness of cloud based virtual voice assistant technologies e.g. Alexa.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Software and Programming