DESCRIPTION Digital Software And Video Games is on a mission to build the best place on earth for consumers to buy video games and software. We have set up a new team to build a next generation platform to support our goal of becoming the best possible connection between producers and consumers of digital software and video games content.
As the lead Software Engineer on this team, you will work on architecture and design of a platform for Digital Software & Video Games marketplace. You will dive deep into Amazon e-Commerce platform technologies like Catalog, Fulfillment, Fraud Detection systems etc. to understand their architecture and drive innovation & evolution in leveraging those technologies to support our use-cases. You will work on architecture and development of many new large-scale, mission critical services to extend the capabilities of the Amazon e-Commerce platform.
The ideal candidate will draw upon exemplary analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills, deep software development experience, and a passion for creating reliable and maintainable systems.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
• 3+ years of industry experience with 1+ years of experience designing & building highly-available distributed systems
• Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including: data structures, algorithms, OO design and patterns
• Track record of simplifying, operational excellence and a focus on metrics and automation
• Deep knowledge of at least one modern programming language such as Java or C++.
• Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Experience using Amazon Web Services (Simple Queue Service, Simple Workflow Service, S3) highly desirable
• Experience with relational (Oracle, MySql) and Nosql (Dynamo, SimpleDb) databases and ORM packages such as Hibernate
• Advanced CS degree
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Software and Programming