CloudFront is looking for software development engineers to help develop, deliver, and operate cutting-edge features both to delight our customers and to help CloudFront continue to scale to ever increasing heights. The CloudFront Control team is at the intersection of CloudFront core services and customer-facing APIs. Thus, there is the need and opportunity to impact both. Work on projects that will transform how people produce and consume content in the cloud. Help us build a world where all the computing power and contents in the cloud perform as if they are right next to the customer.
CloudFront is part of Edge Services, with a mission to bring the Internet closer to end users, speeding up their overall experience. Edge Services provides highly available, low-latency, and scalable platform capabilities: CloudFront for content delivery network (CDN); Route 53 for domain name service (DNS); and Shield for Anti-DDoS detection and mitigation systems.
Why should you join us?
• It's rare to work in a job that will have direct effect on billions of individuals. The software and systems you build are leveraged by companies of all sizes. From small startups up to Fortune 500 companies that have millions of individuals interact with their offerings. Each second or millisecond saved per transaction results in millions or billions saved for some enterprises.
• We care about both delighting customers and building high quality software. Our leadership principles (http://www.amazon.jobs/principles) empower managers to act and challenge us to never to accept the status quo.
• We offer a fast-paced environment with a start-up atmosphere. We ship code every day.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree, or 2+ years of software development experience, including object-oriented or object-oriented programming
• 2+ years of experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, or JavaPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Solid understanding of computer science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm and analysis
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Distributed systems and web services and implementation experience
• Thorough understanding of Internet protocols such as HTTP and UDP
• Experience implementing servers and/or software solutions in a environment
Software and Programming