Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment, solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions? Are you looking to impact customers and business by building impactful technology architecture and design that encompasses problem across fulfillment and e-commerce?
Amazon Pantry is a fast-growing innovative e-commerce program, launched in US in April 2014. With the unique patent pending business model, Prime Pantry enables Amazon to expand its selection to large number of items which are cost prohibitive to ship individually. The market segment of low-priced items represents a major part of retail revenue but minimum e-commerce penetration and thus huge potential growth. Prime Pantry has been one of the fastest growing programs in the history of Amazon. It had expanded to 8 countries at the end of 2016.
Amazon Pantry owns and innovate in a wide range of technologies and platforms. This includes the end-to-end experience across platforms and devices globally that enable consumers to easily find, purchase, and reorder the essential products they need and use every day. Doing so will require the invention of many new capabilities and innovative approaches across selection, supply chain, search and discovery, evaluation and purchase, up-sell and repurchase via a variety of new formats and delivery options.
As a Software Development Engineer in Pantry, you will work closely with some of the brightest software engineers, scientists and product managers, to solve highly complex supply chain and E-commerce challenges. You and your fellow engineers are responsible for designing the architecture, building the software, and working with the team to deploy your solutions across the globe. This is a unique opportunity to both create and see the direct impact Pantry OPS and unique inventory management worth of billions of dollars'. You will re-architect, design, implement using object-oriented, distributed programming, Java, Sable, big data, machine leaning, highly scalable REST services
And other AWS services.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 6+ year's overall development experience.
• Experience building large scale, high-performance systems in a complex, multi-tiered, distributed environment
• Strong coding skill in at least one modern programming language such as Java or C#
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience to lead teams and guide engineers inside and outside the team for design
• Experience with data mining, databases and massively parallel systemsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Understanding of Amazon technologies like Sable,DynamoDB, AWS, S3, DataPath
• Understanding of integration technologies like web services, messaging queues
• Understanding of No-Sql and RDBMS database technologies
• Experience with Retail website, SCOT technologies will be edge.
• Experience with MapReduce concepts and Hadoop
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity
Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Software and Programming