Software Development Engineer - AWS IoT Device Software Team
Interested in working on a new product offering for industrial customers?
The AWS Internet of Things (IoT) Device Software team is seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our team for a brand-new initiative to provide functionality needed by industrial customers to operate and manage their industrial IoT workloads. Imagine a world where connected devices and their data are ubiquitous. There will be 50 billion connected devices in 2020, and any powered device can become connected. What problems would you solve if you knew the state of everything in the world? Would you improve crop yields and fight hunger, enable fleets of autonomous electric vehicles to replace cars, save lives with medical equipment that orders a repair for itself, or make every home a smart home? Software development engineers on the AWS IoT Applications Team are enabling customers to build this connected future.
If you are fascinated by the endless possibilities unlocked when the power of cloud and ubiquitous connected devices are combined - from interactive smart buildings, autonomous mines, self-monitoring medical devices, precision agriculture and more, we have the right role for you.
You are customer-focused with a passion for the cloud and the edge and for the business and technology impacts that IoT represents. We're truly an agile shop: we work closely with customers, deliver features with high frequency, can pivot on a dime when needed. We are looking for software development leaders who share our vision for continuously improving the customer experience, who are motivated by challenging problems in distributed systems, algorithms and who love writing great code.
As a software engineer on the team:
• You will contribute to technical strategies, vision, and architecture
• You will design and build software that is highly available, performant, scalable, and extensible
• You will own the software development process end to end and be responsible for design, implementation, testing and operations
• You will build new user experiences
• You will work as a part of 2 pizza team (6-10 people) in a multi-disciplinary environment with product managers, software development engineers, system engineers, front-end engineers, design technologists and UX designers.
This opportunity is suited for highly motivated and talented software engineers who want to apply and grow their technical depth and breadth while defining and driving a new customer experience for AWS IoT Applications. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, want to see a direct impact on real customer use cases, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or 4+ years relevant work experience
• 3+ years professional experience in software development
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Knowledge of, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C++, Python, Ruby, Clojure, Rust, Go or ScalaPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
• Excited about technology, have a strong interest in learning about and playing with the latest technologies and building a new product
• Delivered one or more production web applications (500+ users)
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming