Software Development Engineer - Interactive Listing
Amazon.com strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By giving customers more of what they want - low prices, vast selection, and convenience - Amazon.com continues to grow and evolve as a world-class e-commerce platform. Amazon's evolution from Web site to e-commerce partner to development platform is driven by the spirit of innovation that is part of the company's DNA. The world's brightest minds come to Amazon.com to research and develop technology that improves the lives of shoppers and sellers around the world. Amazon's vision is to offer the earth's largest selection and lowest prices to our customers.
Over 2MM Sellers in 10 countries (and growing) list their products for sale on the Amazon.com Marketplace. Sellers are a critical part of Amazon's ecosystem to deliver on our vision of offering the earth's largest selection and lowest prices. These Sellers offer hundreds of millions of unique SKUs providing a broad and diverse inventory of products from Books, Electronics, Apparel to Consumables and beyond. Our business currently represents 40% of Amazon units sold, and is growing all the time.
The Marketplace organization drives the Selling on Amazon business and develops solutions that enable millions of sellers around the world to sell to more than 200MM customers (and growing). These solutions include the software platform and applications that drive demand generation, customer acquisition, seller integration, customer relationship management, business analytics, and the inventory and order management functions necessary for sellers to manage their business online at Amazon.com.
Our team is made up of people like you. People who are: Entrepreneurial -We build solutions for all sellers, regardless of size. In fact, many of us are sellers ourselves. Innovative - Our problem space evolves every day due to scale, new categories and new geographies. There is no playbook for a Marketplace of this size, so innovation and creativity are a must. Passionate - We are passionate about our customers, both sellers and buyers. Everyone's an owner at Amazon, and our team is no exception. Our business is growing fast and the pace is even faster. Leaders - We recognize the desire for people to lead, whether it is the development of a new feature or ownership of a new category. We invest in our team members, providing challenging roles with significant responsibility. Coaching and mentoring is taken seriously to ensure we continue to build a company we can be extremely proud of.
As part of the Marketplace Listing Technologies team, you will lead the design and development of initiatives that focus on growing selection from Marketplace Sellers on Amazon. Selection is a key input to Amazon's Marketplace business and you will play a leading role in building innovative solutions that reduce friction and improve the quality and quantity of selection added by Sellers.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• 6+ years' experience in software development
• Experience leading and mentoring others as a team lead, coach, or mentorPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Full stack experience
• Strong written and spoken communication skills
• Masters degree in Computer Science
• Experience working in agile development environments.
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineering best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
• Passion for building complex systems and a proven ability to deliver quality code
• Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to work within ambiguous design constraints
• Work well in teams and respect and welcome ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
• Passion for solving complex and interesting problems
• Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code
• Strong written and oral presentation skills
• Maniacal Customer Obsession
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Software and Programming