Software Development Engineer
Reference ID: 806312
Bill Generation combines large scale (processing trillions of events a month, averaging 40M events per second emitted by AWS's global infrastructure in 11 regions), high accuracy (the computation produces results with 8 decimal accuracy), and flexibility (supporting business use cases for AWS services such as EC2, S3, CloudFront, etc.). All of this results in computational artifacts (i.e. bills, detailed billing reports) for all AWS customers (~9 million and growing) ranging from Netflix to Amazon.com to AWS internal teams.
We are looking for talented software engineers to build the world's most powerful billing platform, in terms of accuracy, security, scale, and features.
• Write high-quality, efficient, testable code in Java and other object-oriented languages.
• Build highly available, secure, distributed systems in a microservices architecture.
• Collaborate with some of the best engineers in the industry to work on some of the most complex challenges in large-scale computing.
• Find out what it takes to engineer systems for "Amazon Scale".
• Own and operate the systems that you build based on real-time customer data and demanding service-level agreements.
• Contribute to planning, design, implementation, testing, operations, and process improvement as a member of a Scrum team.
• 5+ years of software development experience.
• Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline.
• Strong debugging, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills.
• Proficiency with object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms.
• Ability to take a project from requirements analysis through to launch and operation of the system in production.
• Proficiency with modern object-oriented programming languages such as Java, Ruby, C#, C++, preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform.
• Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Experience building extremely high volume and highly scalable services.
• Experience building highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
• Experience with distributed systems, consistent hashing, distributed locking, replication, and load balancing.
• Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science.
• Working knowledge of relational and NoSQL databases.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Posted: May 12, 2019
Closes: July 11, 2019